These three-ingredient dough breadsticks are a part of a growing collection of “things you can do with three-ingredient dough.” Really, the stuff is incredibly versatile – you can make bagels, biscuits, pizza crust… all due to the addition of 0% Greek Yogurt to the WW Freestyle 0SP list.
What is three-ingredient dough?
After starting WW for the second round and poking around on the interwebs looking for inspiration, social media seemed abuzz with “two-ingredient dough,” which was just a combination of self-rising flour and Greek yogurt.
Honestly, it sounded kind of gross in the beginning. Ed made some bagels with it, and they were pretty small. We decided, though, that it was better than going without carbs completely.
With that and some 0SP eggs, we could have some sad little breakfast sandwiches and at least not go hungry. Ed had the idea to try adding an egg to the dough, and we were thrilled to find out that it made bagel-y-er bagels.
Later, due to some trial and error and detective work, Ed discovered that Fage Greek yogurt was the least likely to have a funky, Greek yogurt aftertaste. A+ in my book.
Keeping it simple with three-ingredient dough breadsticks
One of Dwardcooks’ earliest recipes was a lightened up Olive Garden Feast. The feast included
That recipe page was a bit of a jumble with three recipes on one page (it even came before Ed started cooking with almond milk or cashew milk!), but it still represented a delicious way to lighten up alfredo sauce, which is obviously necessary for dipping breadsticks.
Olive Garden’s (delicious, we know) breadsticks are about 4SP PER BREADSTICK. I love carbs, but I can’t save that many points for a dinner out.
Basic Three Ingredient Dough Breadsticks
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
- EVOO Spray
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Oregano or Italian Seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl. The ratio above makes 12 pieces for 1SP each (for breadsticks). Multiply the ingredients as necessary for larger batches.
- Roll out the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Spray uncooked breadsticks with EVOO spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown (like crescent rolls when they’re cooked). At 10 minutes, I took the breadsticks out for a moment and sprayed them with a bit more EVOO spray, and I added some garlic powder, kosher salt, and oregano. Add as much garlic powder as you prefer. If you’d like, add butter spray or even (gasp!) real butter, but this will obviously change the SP value.