These meatballs have a sweet and spicy combo that I am currently obsessing over, and the sauce is great on everything (trust me, I’ve been eating it with anything I can all week). These will totally be the crowd favorite on Sunday, and they are definitely going to be a part of my meal prep in the future. The whole recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes, makes 40 meatballs, AND they are 1 WW SP on each plan.
6 tbsp Domino® Golden Sugar
1 tbsp sambal oelek
¼ c rice vinegar
½ c water + 2 tbsp
1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
2 lb lean ground turkey
¾ c panko bread crumbs
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine all turkey meatball ingredients. Portion out 40 1oz. Meatballs using a mini ice cream scoop or scale.
- Spray a baking sheet with preferred cooking spray and place meatballs on baking sheet. Cook meatballs for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While meatballs are cooking, assemble sauce.
- Combine Domino® Golden Sugar, sambal oelek, rice vinegar, ½ c water, and tamari in a pot and bring to a low boil while stirring.
- When the sauce begins to boil, combine cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water to make a slurry. Add slurry to the sauce.
- The sauce will begin to thicken and get glossy. Bring sauce back up to a boil while mixing and remove from heat when the sauce is thick and coating the spoon/whisk.
- Once meatballs are fully cooked, toss meatballs directly in the sauce.
- Top sweet chili turkey meatballs with sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions. Serve with toothpicks.
Notes: For more spice, add another tbsp of sambal oelek. For added sweetness, add another ¼ cup of Domino® Golden Sugar and ¼ c of water or orange juice. Cook sauce for another minute to thicken and serve.