Done in 15 minutes, this sun-dried tomato alfredo is a fresh twist on a comfort food classic. This creamy tomato pasta is a one-dish that your family will love. At 8 WW SP a serving (9 oz serving), this is an indulgent but point friendly pasta dish perfect for any weeknight.
- 14.5 oz Barilla Plus Protein Pasta (one box)
- 7 cups cashew milk unsweetened
- 4 oz parmesan freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes (dry--not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 oz 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- kosher salt & pepper
- parsley (for garnish and optional)
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and saute garlic for about 30 seconds. Add 6 cups of cashew milk and bring to a boil.
- Once cashew milk is boiling, add pasta and the sun-dried tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes under the box’s directions. Reduce heat to low once cooked.
- Combined flour and remaining cup of cashew milk. Stir well with a fork, or combine in a jar and shake to mix. Pour flour + milk combo into pasta.
- Add cream cheese and tomato paste and mix until melted.
- Stir parmesan into the pasta until fully melted.
- Taste sauce and add salt and pepper depending on taste preference--I added a big pinch of kosher salt. Garnish with some fresh parsley if you're feeling extra fancy.