These light cream puffs are perfect for entertaining, and the filling is totally customizable. This recipe yields 36 pastry puffs that can be filled with whipped cream, pudding, pastry cream, or even ice cream! 1 sp on each plan.
- 200 g of all purpose flour (1.5 cups)
- 1.5 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- whipped cream, pastry cream, pudding, ice cream, fruit
- Combine butter, water, and sugar into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the water mixture boils, reduce heat and add all the flour.
- Stir to combine into a smooth, dough. Dough will pull from sides into a ball.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt to dough and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Mix eggs and add half eggs to the dough. Mix well until smooth.
- Add remaining eggs and mix until smooth.
- Place dough into a gallon Ziplock bag (or pastry bag) and snip a 1/2 inch hole from the corner to pipe.
- On a silicone baking mat lined baking sheet (or a baking sheet sprayed well with cooking spray), pipe 36 1.5 inch wide puffs.
- Wet your finger, and flatten the tips of the mounds to smooth the tops.
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown and let cool.
- Let the cream puffs cool and fill with whipped cream, pudding, or pastry cream.
Dough can be made up to 3 days in advance. If baking but serving later, wait to fill the cream puffs until you are ready to eat, so you can keep the dough from getting soggy.