I saute up a full pound of this and freeze in 4oz portions to top pizza. Just top your pizza with the frozen already cooked sausage and it’ll be perfect once the pizza is done. My wife, who prefers meat lovers pizza, combines the sausage and turkey pepperoni for a hearty pizza so she doesn’t have to miss pizza delivery.
During the week, meal-prep comes together easily between the Italian Turkey Sausage and the zero point pasta sauce.
Italian-style Turkey Sausage
- 1 pound lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Big pinch of salt and pepper
- Combine the spices together.
- Add the spices into the meat and mix well.
- Brown the ground turkey or ground chicken in a pan, using a little bit of cooking spray.