McGriddles are one of my favorite fast food options, but they are not the healthiest. This healthy food swap will be a crowd pleaser for sure. It is quick, easy, and such a satisfying breakfast prep. The recipe will make 18 pancakes which will leave you enough for 8 breakfast sandwiches and two extra pancakes. Green 10 sp, Blue 5 sp, Purple 5 sp
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened cashew milk (or a preferred milk)
- 1.5 tbsp melted salted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar free syrup
- 16 eggs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 16 slices of center cut bacon
- Lay bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes.
- Scramble 2 eggs with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and pour in egg mixture.
- Rotate pan to make a very thin, wide omelet.
- Once all liquid has firmed up, begin the folding process.
- Fold top, then bottom, then left, then right to make a folded egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a big bowl. Whisk two eggs in a separate bowl. To the egg bowl, add cashew milk, greek yogurt, vanilla, sugar free syrup, melted butter, and mashed banana. Mix wet ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spoon or rubber spatula. Mix until the mixture is just barely incorporated; it is important not to overmix and some spots of dry mix are okay. Let this mix sit for about 10 minutes.
- Spray pan lightly with cooking spray, and scoop out batter onto hot pan using a 1/4 c measuring cup. This is a thicker mix than the box stuff; I sometimes spread the mix out a little using the bottom of my measuring cup to about 5 inch round pancakes.
- Cook on medium-low heat until you just start seeing bubbles form. Brown on both sides and serve immediately.
The pancake recipe will make two extra pancakes. The pancakes can be eaten or frozen and microwaved for later. Pancakes on their own at this size are 2sp for 1 and 3sp for 2.
- Category: breakfast