This creamy, smoky, pasta salad would make an incredible side or full meal entertaining during the summer months. It takes some of my favorite southwestern flavors and combines them into an epic pasta dish. 2 WW SP Purple, 6 WW SP Blue, 9 WW SP Green.
- 16 oz. preferred pasta (I used Delallo whole wheat cavatappi)
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 3/4 Chipotle Mayo (recipe below)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ears of corn, grilled and removed from cob
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4–1/2 cup pasta water, reserved from making pasta
- kosher salt
- Boil pasta per the instructions on the package in salted water. When pasta is done, reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a large bowl (this makes 15 cups so the biggest bowl you have), add chipotle mayo, 1/4 cup of pasta water, and cooked pasta. Toss pasta in chipotle mayo to coat.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. You can add a little more pasta water to thin out the chipotle mayo to coat more. I saved the cheese to sprinkle on at the end for aesthetic purposes to make it look extra fancy.
This makes about 15 cups which weighed about 80 oz in total. Since I ate this as a main dish instead of a side, I portioned it out at 1.5 cups a serving which yields 10 servings.
- Category: main, side
Keywords: chipotle chicken pasta salad; pasta salad; summer recipes