Chicken Parm is a crowd pleasing comfort food the whole family loves. With breaded chicken and melty cheese, what's not to love? The points maybe. Great thing, this chicken parm is crunchy on the outside, juice and tender on the inside, and slathered in delicious, savory sauce and melty mozzarella.
GREEN - 7
BLUE - 4
PURPLE - 4
- 3 eggs
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless butterflied into 8 4oz breasts
- 3 oz Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 oz Seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 oz all purpose flour (I use 3 oz and I've done it and weighed it after and it always comes to 1 oz)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard Meijer
- 1 tbsp Cholula Brand Hot Sauce Chipotle flavored
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp Ground pepper divided
- 2 cups Zero Point Pasta Sauce
- preferred mozzarella (I use Wegman's sliced mozzarella which is 2sp a slice -- you do you)
Set up your bowl stations
- In bowl #1, add about a half a cup of flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. *I weighed my flour before and after. I added 3oz of flour and used exactly 1 oz. every single time–trust me.
- In bowl #2, add 3 eggs, dijon, and hot sauce. Scramble egg mixture.
- In bowl #3, add bread crumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, 1 tsp kosher salt, and 1 tsp black pepper.
Coating the Chicken
- Dredge chicken in bowl #1 and pat chicken breast so excess flour comes off. Coat chicken in egg from bowl #2, then toss in bowl #3 until fully covered. Place breaded chicken onto a plate until all chicken breasts are coated.
- Set an oven safe wire rack (the kind you would let cookies cool on) onto a baking sheet. Give the rack a healthy spray of cooking spray so the chicken won't stick. This will allow air to circulate around the chicken and make all sides crunchy. Spray both sides of chicken with cooking spray and place on the wire rack.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Chicken should be cooked until 165 degrees. Juices will run clear when cut.
- Once chicken is cooked, add about 1/4c of 0sp sauce to each chicken breast. Optional step, place the chicken back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes so the sauce can cook down a little. Remove chicken and top with mozzarella.
- Finish with a broil until cheese starts to bubble all golden and delicious. If you are afraid to use your broiler, just heat in the oven until cheese is melty.
The chicken can be cooked the day before which allows you to take the chicken out, heat, top with sauce and cheese, and serve.
AIR FRYER: Do all the steps up until the oven. Spray both sides of the chicken breast and cook in the airfryer at 400 for about 15 minutes. Flip halfway through and top with sauce and cheese at the very end.
Keywords: chicken parm, chicken parmesan, italian