This cheeseburger pasta bake hits all the comfort food spots. This one pot meal is quick, satisying, and hearty. On the MyWW purple, this dinner is only 5sp a serving.
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 8 oz colby jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- kosher salt and pepper
Optional garnish: chopped scallions or parsley
- Spray a big pot/pan with cooking spray and sautee onion on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- While onion cooks, combine ground turkey with 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, smoked paprika, and a little bit of black pepper.
- Brown turkey in the pot with the onion (about 3-5 minutes)
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add 16 oz. tomato sauce and 4 cups of beef broth. Here I added another tsp of garlic powder, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of chili powder–this depends on taste and broth you are using. Bring to boil.
- As soon as the pot is boiling, add pasta to the pot and cook pasta until tender. Stir occasionally.
- When pasta is done, add 1/4 cup ketchup and cheese. If you are finishing the dish with a cheese topping, stir about 5 ounces of the cheese into the pasta and reserve the final three ounces for the topping. Heat pasta in the oven at 350 until the cheese is melted and serve.
I weighed my pasta once it was fully cooked, and the whole dish was 70 ounces. This equated to about 1.5 cups per serving. Pasta and cheese substitutions can impact points.
- Category: pasta
- Method: one pot
- Cuisine: pasta
Keywords: one pot meal, pasta, cheeseburger casserole, cheeseburger pasta skillet, ground turkey