These air fryer cheeseburger egg rolls may be my new favorite air fryer recipe. These cheesy beef egg rolls are inspired by one of our favorite treats on the boardwalk, but made healthier and lighter with a few at-home adjustments. My daughters DEVOURED these air fryer cheeseburger egg rolls and they will definitely be in the rotation from here on out.
These cheeseburger eggrolls have all the flavors of a juicy cheeseburger, but wrapped up in an egg roll wrapper. They are perfect as an appetizer, game day treat, or just a fun weeknight dinner.
Cheeseburger Egg Roll Filling
I filled this cheeseburger egg roll with lean ground beef, onions, pickles, some seasoning (garlic powder, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and salt), and good ol' American cheese. I am a firm believer in using real, full fat cheese whenever possible, but nothing beat American Cheese on a burger.
While I do not love pickles, the added pickle definitely gave it a good cheeseburger flavor so I do not recommend skipping. My daughter loathes pickles and loved this; she was actually shocked when I told her there were pickles in it. If you are a pickle lover, you can easily double the pickles in here.
Other mix-ins to consider would be diced tomato, crumbled bacon, or different kinds of cheese like cheddar or blue cheese.
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls - Weight Watchers & Calories
My air fryer egg rolls are 123 calories each. These cheeseburger egg rolls are 3 WW points on all plans. For comparison, Applebee's Cheeseburger Egg rolls were 34 WW points and 980 calories for 3.
If you substitute ground turkey in this recipe, one egg roll will still be 3 WW SP, but 2 will be 5 instead of 6 on green. These will be 2 WW SP each and two for 5 on blue and purple. In my opinion, lean beef is the way to go. I like to pair mine with my homemade healthy thousand island dressing.
Egg Rolls in the Oven - No Air Fryer
If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven. If you are in the market for an airfryer, I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer Grill which you can find on my Amazon Page (affiliate link). To bake these in the oven, cook at 425°F for about 10-12 minutes. Flip halfway through the cooking time.
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 kosher pickle spears, chopped
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 7 slices American Cheese (I used Velveeta), cut in half
- 14 egg roll wrappers (I use Nasoya)
- cooking spray
- Optional: sesame seeds
- Saute onion for 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef, smoked paprika, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce and cook until browned.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat and add chopped pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Mix well.
- To roll egg roll, add half of a slice of American Cheese to the center of the egg roll wrapper. Spoon 3 tbsp. filling into the center and roll according to package (see video on blog for demonstration).
- Spray liberally with cooking spray and top with sesame seeds.
- Cook at 400°F in air fryer for 7-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remember, all air fryers are different so keep an eye on the first batch.
- Serve with ketchup and homemade thousand island dressing.
Serving Size:1 egg roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g