This Buffalo Chicken Brown Rice Meal Prep is one of my new favorite meal preps because it is satisfying, delicious, and can be made in about 20 minutes. The recipe makes a great weeknight dinner, but an excellent meal prep that can last up to four days in the refrigerator. Even better, you can eat this hot or cold or add to a mixed bag of lettuce for a heartier salad.
Enough of the convenience, this is delicious. I’m still shocked how delicious this was given that it didn’t take much time to make. Get ready to see more rice bowls in the future. The brown rice came out nutty and satisfyingly chewy and worked so well with the creaminess of the blue cheese dressing and heat from the buffalo chicken.
For this recipe, I am using Success Rice Boil-in-Bag Brown Rice, which is done in ten minutes and an excellent source of whole grains and complex carbohydrates. This also made me a believer in brown rice; I’ve never been great at making brown rice tasty, and this recipe converted me.
Pan Fried Buffalo Chicken Breast
This recipe is a slight variation of my Best Chicken Seasoning Blend which can be made ahead in bulk. For a little extra kick, I add ¼ teaspoon of cayenne before pan frying. If you are unfamiliar with how to pan fry chicken, you can read the full guide of How to Cook Chicken, but you’ll be cooking this for only 4-5 minutes per side. Conveniently enough, that is the same length of time needed for the Success Boil-in-Bag Brown Rice I’m using for this recipe.
Success Boil-In-Bag Brown Rice
I’m using Success Boil-In-Bag Brown Rice for my Buffalo Chicken Brown Rice Meal Prep because it is convenient, delicious, and a pantry staple. Honestly, I have never been good with cooking brown rice. It’s either too mushy or still has too much of a bite. I’m now a true believer in Success Boil-In-Bag Brown Rice. It has no added preservatives, GMO, gluten, or BPA plus it’s kosher. While that is all important, it’s the taste and convenience that sold me on it.
This rice cooks in one fourth the time, and makes a great pantry staple–especially for meal prep. The fact I could cook the rice and chicken in ten minutes meant that this Buffalo Chicken Brown Rice Bowl Meal Prep took 20 minutes (at most). The biggest deterrent for my prep, in my opinion, is how long it takes. Twenty minutes is nothing, even on a chaotic Sunday.
Storing Buffalo Chicken Brown Rice Meal Prep
With any cooked chicken meal prep, this Buffalo Chicken Brown Rice Meal Prep is good for up to four days in the refrigerator. We usually do one serving for dinner and save the others for lunch.
My wife prefers to eat this cold and sometimes mixed into a salad. Her preferred method is assembling it in a jar. Simply start with dressing, then chicken, vegetables, and finally rice for the best results.
I like to reheat the bowl in the microwave, so I keep the dressing and tomatoes on the side for easy reheating.
- Success Boil-in-Bag Brown Rice, 2 bags
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- (optional) extra blue cheese crumbles
- Olive Oil
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2.5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup - 3/4 preferred milk
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of kosher salt
Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- 2 pounds of chicken sliced into four cutlets
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- Prepare Success Boil-In-Bag Brown Rice per instructions.
- While waiting for the water to boil, combine extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper in a bowl. Coat chicken in spice mixture.
- When rice begins to boil, add oil to a hot pan and pan fry chicken for 4-5 minutes per side on medium heat.
- While chicken and rice cook, combine all listed ingredients for the blue cheese dressing.
- When chicken is done, slice and toss in hot sauce.
- To serve, add rice to bowl or plate and top with chicken, vegetables, and dressing. If storing for reheating, store tomatoes and dressing separately.