Buffalo chicken dip will always be BAE. It’s my favorite party food, and I choose to eat it as an entree instead of a dip to be “shared.” Yeah right. It’s cheese, hot sauce, more cheese, and it is typically eaten with my favorite carbs (any).
Unlike your aunt’s buffalo chicken dip, this is very point friendly. It allows me to eat this as an entree at parties. For only 3 WW SP, you get a full half cup. That’s a lot of dip! This recipe makes 8 cups, and it freezes great. It can be used in recipes like stromboli and buffalo chicken egg rolls!
Buffalo chicken dip is the perfect party food
I don’t know about you, but I have historically lurked around the food table at the party. I fill up on whatever cheesy crockpot dip with tiny bread rounds that I can find.
This dip takes advantage of Freestyle’s zero points food list to make something that’s decadent and cheesy. It’s the farthest thing from bird food there is at only 3SP per HALF CUP serving.
I love cheesy dip, so I’m not looking for a 2tbsp serving of anything. I literally spoon this on a roll and eat it.
My favorite ingredients
I love blue cheese, but for this recipe, I am all about that ranch. On its own, I’m not a fan of that ranch powder + greek yogurt combo. However, this stuff all combined is amazing.
To answer the question of what to dip in this decadent, gooey delight: honestly, it’s a personal preference. I make this during the week with no intention of having a party and eat it with a spoon.
If I’m having a party, I usually go for tortilla chips or sliced bread, since not everyone is on a wellness journey. I love to indulge with celery and carrots if I make this for meal prep. Then, I can pretend I’m a real adult who didn’t make party food for meal prep.
As I said, I just microwave this and eat it with a spoon or put it on a low point roll. You do you. No one is judging you for your after school snacks, especially when they are guilt-free.
Dwardcooks’ Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1.5 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 14 oz Neufchâtel cheese (1.5 bricks)
- 1.5 cup 0% Greek Yogurt I always use the Wegmans store brand
- 12 oz Trader Joe’e Lite Mozzarella (whole bag)
- 1 package Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Packet
- 1/2-3/4 cup Hot sauce or Buffalo Sauce add as much as you like for your desired level of spiciness
- Literally just combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker, skillet, or oven safe dish. I actually shred the chicken in my stand mixer, then add the ingredients, and mix in the same bowl.If baking, bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes.
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is part of our series of snack recipes. We started this with the idea of providing tasty things to eat during Superbowl season (and at other gatherings, of course) without blowing your whole week. Like this? Try our garlic knots and pigs in a blanket!