Baked potato soup is a hearty, flavor-packed soup and perfect comfort food. It is creamy, salty, cheesy, carby goodness. Do yourself a favor, and put this on your meal plan today.
- 4 medium-sized baked potatoes (more if you want to garnish with potato–I highly recommend)
- 8 slices of center-cut bacon (I love Wegmans’ brand)
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups unsweetened cashew milk (or any preferred milk)
- 2 oz shredded cheddar (more if you want extra for garnish)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (more if you want extra for garnish)
- 1 oz Neufchatel cheese (1/3 fat cream cheese)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- Dice bacon and cook over medium heat in a stockpot until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, but keep bacon grease in the pot.
- Cook diced onions until onions are translucent and soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and sprinkle the flour all over the onion mixture. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the cashew milk while stirring to make sure there are no lumps. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and season to your liking. I added 3 tsp of kosher salt and about 2 tsp of black pepper. Add cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and stir until melted.
- If you want the soup smooth, blend the soup with an emersion blender.
- Fold in cheese and scallions. Serve and top with bacon, cheese, greek yogurt, and maybe more baked potatoes if you’re feeling wild.
WW G9 B9 P5
- Serving Size: 1.25 cup