This Apple Pie Egg Rolls Air Fryer Recipe may be my new favorite dessert. It seems the weather is finally turning to spring, so naturally I am publishing a fall-ish recipe. Truthfully, I believe apple pie is a year long treat and we should be eating more pie. If you are like me and you believe apple pie should be a year round treat, you need to try this Apple Pie Egg Rolls Air Fryer recipe. It's the perfect combo is sweet, crunchy, and it is so satisfying.
How to fold an egg roll
Folding egg rolls are actually pretty simple once you get your rhythm. You only need 2-3 tablespoons of filling (this recipe gave me exactly 36 tablespoons for 12 egg rolls) and the egg roll is sealed with water. I use Nasoya egg rolls for my recipe and you can usually find them in the produce section or in the tofu area of your supermarket. If you like this, you'll love my air fryer blueberry cheesecake egg rolls.
What is the best apple for baking?
As many of you know, I love me some Honey Crisp Apples. In my opinion, they are the best apples by far and they are great for baking too because they hole their shape and they are naturally pretty sweet. Other great baking apples include: Granny Smith, Jonagold, and Braeburn apples.
Apple Pie Egg Rolls Weight Watchers
I crunched the numbers on these, and they are a surprisingly low calorie and Weight Watcher friendly dessert. These apple pie egg rolls are only 117 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 3 WW points a piece. For perspective, the average apple pie slice is 20 grams of fat and 400+ calories. Now before you go thinking I'm just eating one of these and calling it a day (which I could), I did the hard research and found out that this is absolutely phenomenal with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. PHENOMENAL.
- 3 large honeycrisp apples, diced
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 12 egg roll wrappers (Nasoya)
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl and mix until apples are evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a pan and cook apple mixture on medium low for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once apples are softened and sauce is thickened, remove and allow to cool.
- Spoon 3 tbsp. of filling into the middle of an egg roll wrapper and seal with water.
- Repeat step four for remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spray egg rolls with preferred cooking spray.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 350°F, flipping halfway through.
- OPTIONAL: dust with powdered sugar or sprinkle cinnamon sugar. RECOMMENDED: serve with a big bowl of vanilla ice cream while these are still warm (trust me).
All air fryers are different. Make sure your air fryer is preheated and keep an eye on your egg rolls. Since the filling is already cooked, you are just looking for golden brown and crispy.
Serving Size:1 egg roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Got a sweet tooth? Here are some other healthy Weight Watchers friendly desserts.
These are some of my favorite low calorie and Weight Watchers friendly desserts!