Air fryer blueberry cheesecake egg rolls may be my new favorite dessert. If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know I don’t have many dessert recipes because I’m not the best at dessert baking. That being said, these air fryer blueberry cheesecake egg rolls are really simple to make and so incredibly delicious.
Now that summer is beginning, farmers’ markets are going to be in full summer fruit and veggie mode–it’s my absolute favorite. One of my favorite things to stock up on during the summer months is fresh blueberries.
During peak blueberry season, we can easily go through 3 pints a week with my girls. When we go to farmers’ markets, we typically buy the girls a pint for them to buy us extra time walking around (this is all pre-apocalypse, of course).
Speaking of summer, tomorrow is my last day of the school year for me. My oldest had her drive by kindergarten graduation and her farewell Zoom meeting last week, and it is still so strange that we are here at the end.
Honestly, thinking about the fall seems like years ago at this point. So much has happened and so much has changed since September. One thing that has not changed though, is the emails I continue to get until grades are due, so I’m keeping this side story short.
The Blueberry Filling
I’m assuming this is like a pie filling. I’ve literally never made a pie from scratch, but this flavor and consistency is super simple and spot on pie to me. You’re going to take 2 cups of blueberries and throw them into a pot with a lemon (zested and juiced) and 1 tbsp of your preferred sweetener.
I’m using honey because obviously I am a fancy wellness guru now that doesn’t use sugar. JK: we are out of sugar and I made this on the fly after seeing someone talk about blueberry egg rolls in a Tik Tok.
Anyway, boil that mix until your blueberries pop, and then simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir every now and then. Before y’all ask, I’m about 95% sure frozen blueberries would work fine. Can other fruit work? Probably. Try it and let me know!
Once you’ve let the blueberries simmer, stir in a slurry of equal parts water and cornstarch. Mix this well; I had a big ol’ island of cornstarch I had to mix into it because I stalled taking a fancy picture. Remove from heat and let cool–I ended up with 1 1/4 c of mix.
Cream Cheese Filling
Okay, this was super delicious. You’ll need a scale, a bowl, and a spoon. Add 2 oz. of 1/3 fat cream cheese and 2 oz. nonfat Greek yogurt to a bowl and mix. You don’t need a mixer; 1/3 fat cream cheese smooths out pretty easily. Add another tsp of honey (or whatever preferred sweetener like powdered sugar) and a splash of good vanilla extract.
JK: I used store brand but one could dream to be Ina Garten. Fun fact, her cult following of her phrase “good vanilla” gives me so much joy and she devoted a whole episode to good vanilla in a recent season–We stan Ina in this house. (Sidenote–I just reread that paragraph, and I think Tik Tok and not seeing adults is melting my brain).
Now, this isn’t an overly sweet cheesecake filling. We are letting the berries do their thing here. Trust me, mix it all together because it’s out of this world tasty. You should get about 1/2 c from this. Let it vibe out in the fridge for about 30 minutes with the berries.
Time to roll the egg rolls
This week is a crazy busy week for me and my wife has a super busy week this week and next. She does all the technology stuff for my blog and knows how to edit videos. Once things slow down, I’ll upload a video tutorial. In the meantime, here’s a visual.
Honestly, I was so nervous about ruining these I did not take a process shot of this. I rolled them all up and let them hang out in the fridge while my air fryer warmed up. You can find the air fryer I use on my Amazon storefront.
I make a very teensy amount if you buy directly from that storefront, but I am saving up to buy a candy bar with the savings. Also, I wouldn’t recommend these unless I actually really loved them. Anyway, cook these at 350 for 10 minutes until golden.
Do not freak out if your wrappers get blue and kind of see-through. I thought I ruined them, but I didn’t. Also, they looked pretty cool.
Air fryer disclaimer: All air fryers are different. Even with temperatures and whatnot, keep an eye on it and use your best judgment. Everything is cooked so all you’re looking for is golden crunchiness and not an exploded egg roll.
Air fryer disclaimer #2: You could probably cook these in the oven, but I didn’t. Not sure how long or what temperature, but again everything is cooked and just going for crispy.
Love my super professional sounding recipe and want more desserts?
I have two. Even less complicated and twice as summery as a blueberry dessert, my peach cobbler is absolutely amazing. I’ve been waiting for peaches to come back in season. Another quarantine baking project that turned into a real deal dessert is my cream puffs.
These actually are a whole to-do, but they are pretty fancy. That’s it. I hope you enjoyed the tour of my dessert library.Print
These blueberry cheesecake egg rolls are out of this world delicious. The mixture is actually really simple to make and great for novice dessert makers like me. These are (literally) bursting with flavor and begging to be topped with some vanilla ice cream. Each egg roll is 3sp on all plans (although it’s 2 for 5 on blue and purple, but 2 for 6 on green) whether you make 10 or 12 (go figure).
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp honey (divided)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- 2 oz. 1/3 fat cream cheese (neufchatel)
- 2 oz Greek yogurt
- splash of good vanilla extract
- 10–12 egg roll wrappers (I use Nasoya)
- Cooking spray
- Combine blueberries, 1 tbsp honey, and lemon juice and zest in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 8ish minutes until the blueberries are exploded and there’s juice in the pot. Stir occasionally during the simmering.
- Mix 1 tbsp cornstarch and water into a slurry. Add slurry to the blueberries and mix until fully incorporated and thick. Remove the blueberries from heat and let cool. You should end up with about 1 1/4 cup blueberries. This can be done the day before.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 oz. cream cheese, 2 oz. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey, and a splash of vanilla in a bowl. This will yield about 1/2 cup.
- Mix both bowls together, and let cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill. You should also taste it because it’s delicious.
- Take your egg roll wrapper and wet the edges of the egg roll wrapper. Scoop 2 tbsp of filling into the middle.
- If you position your egg roll wrapper to look like a diamond, fold the left and right points in like a hug.
- Next, take the bottom point and pull it up. Press out any excess air from the filling and press the wet corner down to seal. It should look like an open envelope.
- Finally, roll to seal.
- Place your egg rolls in the refrigerator while your air fryer preheats to 350.
- Spray the egg rolls with cooking spray and cook for 8-10 minutes in the air fryer, turning halfway.
- Top with powdered sugar for extra fanciness or serve with vanilla ice cream for extra deliciousness.
Keywords: air fryer, egg roll, desser
If you do make this or any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @dwardcooks and/or use #dwardcooks. I love seeing these and creep on the hash tag often. Even better, drop a comment on the blog! I hope you and your family are staying safe and staying cool during these crazy times.